Switch Willo’s Camp Program is a great way to get your child involved in horseback riding lessons. We offer a Summer Camp, Spring Break Camp and Winter Break Camp for kids of all ages and skill levels. See below for detailed information.
** Please note that all camp applications must be submitted no later than 2 weeks prior to starting the selected camp session. It is also a state requirement that parents submit copies of their child’s vaccination records with their camp application. Please have all documents ready. **
Our summer day camp program begins Monday, May 30th and ends August 19th, 2016.
Week 1: May 30th – June 3rd
Week 2: June 6th – 10th FULL/CLOSED
Week 3: June 13th – 17th FULL/CLOSED
Week 4: June 20th – 24th FULL/CLOSED
Week 5: June 27th – July 1st FULL/CLOSED
Week 6. July 4th – 8th
Week 7: July 11th – 15th FULL/CLOSED
Week 8: July 18th – 22nd
Week 9: July 25th – 29th
Week 10: Aug 1st – 5th
Week 11: Aug 8th – 12th
Week 12: Aug 15th – 19th
Hours / Cost:
Monday – 8:30am -4:00pm
Tue.-Fri. – 9:00am – 4:00pm
Camp tuition is $350.00/wk + a 4% merchant processing fee with an optional $20.00 to purchase the camp t-shirt.
We do have an option for extended care for working parents which would allow drop-off at 8:00am and a pick-up at 5:00pm daily. The cost is $10.00 per slot or $20.00 per day should you need both slots.
Here at Camp Switch Willo, we strive to instill an appreciation for horses and the sport of riding in each child. We educate riders in a relaxed, supportive learning environment emphasizing safety with first class training professionals in a tree shaded ring. Integral parts of the process are the grooming, tacking up, and bathing of the horse or pony selected for your child. The tack-up area is shaded. The camp house is air conditioned.
At all times your child is under the supervision of First Aid and CPR certified adults.
Each week of camp ends with a special horse show for the parents and awards for the campers. Every child receives a ribbon for their hard work during the week. Parents are given advance notice of when their child will be showing so as not to miss this important event.
• Daily riding instruction on well trained, safe horses and ponies
• Proper safety and barn etiquette
• Additional barn lessons about horses and their care, veterinary care, dentistry, and horse show preparation
• Visits with our farrier
• Arts & crafts
• Outdoor activities and games
• Circle time reading for our youngest campers
• Trips to our onsite tack shop on Thursday mornings (during Spring & Summer break camps)
• Scavenger hunts
• Swimming pool staffed by a certified lifeguard (During the summer months)
WHAT CAMPERS WEAR AND BRING:
• Long pants or jeans
• Boots with low heels (see note below). Cowboy/cowgirl boots are acceptable
• ASTM/SEI approved equestrian helmet: no bicycle, skateboarding, or snowboarding helmets. (Due to health/safety regulations, we are unable to lend or sell used helmets.) (See note below)
• Sack lunch along with several light snacks
• Labeled water jug or water bottle
• Carrots for horses
• Swimsuit, towel, and sunscreen (During the summer months)
• Change of clothing for after riding, if desired
NOTE: All items needed may be purchased at Switch Willo Stables. Save yourself time, money and convenience by picking everything up you need right here at our Camp!
Come see what Austin families have been talking about for over 50 years. Campers form a true bond with the horses and make new friends in both the two-legged and four-legged variety.